Click Link to Print – Aboriginal Provincial 2019
Deadline is February 15, 2019
For more information, contact:
Leonard Isbister @ 306-420-6822
Click Link to Print – 2017-2018 JRMCC Recreation Annual Report
JRMCC SPORTS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
On behalf of JRMCC Sports & Recreation, I am pleased to once again present to you our 2017-2018 Annual Report, which will provide an general overview of programs, activities and events over the past fiscal year.
At JRMCC, we pride ourselves as being “La Ronge’s premiere sports, fitness & events facility” and look forward to adding to this with the development of our Entertainment Park (Mini Golf/Driving Cage/Ball Diamonds/Batting Cage/Beach Volleyball Court/Outdoor Canteen). This project will give us a true multi-purpose entertainment facility designation. Looking forward, we expect to be in full operation by the end of May 2018. We will continue working towards being northern Saskatchewan’s leader in recreation events, program and tourism.
Click Link to Print – 2016 Elks Press Release
JRMCC Sports & Recreation Department is pleased to announce we have received a huge financial donation from the La Ronge Elks Club #554.
The Elks organization is a leading local provider of donations and is giving back to the community with a donation of $20,000 to the JRMCC Expansion & Renovation Project. The donation will assist in purchasing a variety of high-end cardio equipment to be used in the expanded fitness facility.
The $3.6 million JRMCC Expansion & Renovation Project included an expansion to the fitness centre, walking/jogging track, charter bus garage, boardroom, new seating and a new score clock.
“We are very excited and pleased to accept this donation”, said Kevin Roberts, Director of JRMCC Sports & Recreation. ““The Elks have great reputation of giving back to the community and we honoured to have them reach out to us with this awesome gift. Initiatives like this are making real and measurable difference in the lives of countless community members”
“Our charitable activity starts at the local level with our fundraisers and a host of other activities that we are involved with,” stated Curtis Skalicky, member of the La Ronge Elks. “The purpose of all this effort is to simply make our communities a better place to live. That’s what the Elks do.”
A cheque will officially be presented on Saturday, January 14 during a home game of La Ronge 89ers, who play in the Beaver Lakes Hockey League (BLHL). The league game starts at 7:00 pm vs Moosomin Warriors.
Print Poster – 2016 Walking Track
Print – 2016 Walking Rules
JRMCC Sports & Recreation strives to provide a safe & enjoyable walking & jogging environment for the public. Our Hours of Operation are as follows:
8:00 am to 10:00 pm Weekdays
Tuesday: Counter Clockwise
Thursday: Counter Clockwise
(*Please use arena entrance during lunch hours all other times use the main JRMCC entrance)
10:30 am – 8:00 pm *Saturday & Sunday
Saturday: Counter Clockwise
*Track is closed during hockey tournaments or other major events due to high traffic.
Track is closed during Stat holidays.
In order to achieve this environment, the following guidelines are to be followed:
1. Use the track at your own risk.
2. Please be aware of pucks flying off of the ice surface around the zamboni door area. Walkers and joggers accept all liability for injuries and/or damages which may arise in this regard.
3. Please be considerate to all users and respect arena staff instructions.
4. Walking and jogging is NOT permitted during:
Hockey tournaments and special events such as concerts, conferences, etc.
5. Persons under the age of 13 years must be supervised by an adult (18 years+).
6. There is an AED located in the referee’s room. Please speak to arena staff for any additional first aid requirements.
7. Walking and jogging must be performed in a controlled manner at all times:
Please walk or jog in a direction as listed on that specific day.
Two (2) people may walk or jog side by side in most situations, but should be mindful of walking or jogging single file around the Announcer’s Booth and/or the west side of the building (along the seating area). Please use common sense in this situation.
Verbalize your intentions before passing.
Strollers and wheelchairs are permitted.
8. No stair running is permitted in aisles while groups are on the ice as it may prohibit the view for spectators.
9. Food, gum and beverages are not permitted in the track area.
10. Water in a plastic or metal bottle container is allowed. Absolutely no glass bottles.
11. No spitting or littering.
12. Stretching areas are located in the corners of the track. Stretching on the track should be avoided.
13. Users are encouraged not to use street shoes.
14. Please do not leave valuables unattended. JRMCC Sports & Recreation is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to personal property.
15. JRMCC Sports & Recreation reserves the right to deny any person access to the track for behavior deemed
16. Bikes, skateboards and Heelys are not permitted on the track.
Distance: 6 laps around the upper deck constitutes as 1 km.
Walking & jogging is a secondary function in the Arena. As such, the Schedule may change without notification based on ice schedules or other events. Please call JRMCC 425-4852 for any questions.