The LLRIB Emergency Response Team met today on a multitude of issues regarding the response and action plans in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. The ongoing health and safety of our community was our most important consideration during this difficult time.
Along with this though , we also deemed exercise and physical activity as important aspects of physical health and mental well-being . We strongly support the idea youth and adults still need an outlet particularly with impending school closures, with as much safety precautions as possible.
Both the Hall/Gymnasium and the Arena will remain open to the public with some limitations. To avoid large groups, age groups will be given their own specific hours of use. (Effective Tueday March 17, separate Gym and Arena schedules posted on our Facebook page, JRMCC Sports & Recreation, and on our website: www.jrmcc.ca). The Fitness Centre will remain open. however. no new memberships will be allowed at this time. Information updates will be emailed by our Fitness Centre Supervisor directly to our membership list.
The health and safety of our users and staff is extremely important to us. Because of that, we are taking extra precautions at JRMCC. In addition to our higher cleaning standards, we are implementing additional measures.
How JRMCC Is Keeping You Safe:
- Regularly disinfecting all high traffic areas including washrooms, countertops, and door handles
- Ensuring all participants wash their hands with soap and water (use dressing room #1)
- Continue our capacity to ensure we can keep all areas clean
- Separating sessions based on age groups to minimize large crowds
- Provide you updates as new information becomes available
- Users who are suspect of symptoms are requested to stay home.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve quickly, we shall continue to keep you informed of any important updates or relevant information during this unprecedented time.
We thank you for your continued support, patronage and understanding on this matter.
Director of Sports & Recreation